Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WEEK 6!

Training is flying by! In fact, summer is flying by. I can't believe I've been training for 6 weeks already. A LOT has happened since my last post. Last Saturday was the Track Shack Celebration of Running 5k it the Orlando Science Center downtown. It was a HOT morning, but two of my friends ran it with me so it was a blast!

My first mile was 7 minutes, my second mile was at 14:46 but then I crossed the finish line at 23.54. I was a little disappointed at first, since my last race was 23:18, however I think I might have pushed myself a little bit too much in the beginning. That is what these races are about, learning! HOWEVER, I was pleasantly surprise to find out I placed! 3rd in my age group! I actually got a trophy for being top in the women age group.

My entire race outfit is Lululemon, head to toe!




I have another race on Saturday which will end the Lakeland series. I have really enjoyed the series, and have really enjoyed running in them!

The Intermediate schedule I have chosen to follow only allows one rest day most of the week. This has kept me busy! I've been trying to do the majority of my workouts in the morning, which I have really enjoyed. The furthest I have ran so far is 8 miles. I did 6 miles tonight, and it was still pretty humid outside.

I'm excited for raceday Saturday, now I need to pick out an outfit!


No comments:

Post a Comment