Friday, February 4, 2011

10 miles= hungry



This is the Nike "videos" I mentioned with my Nike plus watch! I was thrilled to see this lady pop up, I wasn't sure how I did today. I tried NOT to look at my watch as much, instead concentrated on making the run "fun" by NOT looking at my watch.

I prepared last night by making a playlist with songs I knew I wouldn't want to change on my arm throughout the run. I put enough music for 2 hours, but didn't need it :)

Here is the playlist I listened to today (I can' tell the exact songs because I had it on shuffle!)



It was GREAT. I even found myself singing along to pass the time, since I did the run today solo. I decided to run my 10 miles today, even though it hasn't exactly been a week since I ran my 8. Tomorrow I have a busy day, and knew I had time (and energy) to complete it today.

I ran my 10 miles in 1 hour 27 minutes and 10 seconds. 8'42 minute miles average. 


I wore my lululemon Run Speed shorts, which honestly were better than the RLX ones. The RLX ones, although I love them- ride up. The Run Speed shorts, don't!

After my run I was really hungry. I went to Kroger with my mom and we bought some healthy snacks. We also bought this Black Cherry Zevia. I read about in a magazine, and since then have been wanting to try it. I LOVE IT! My mom, cousin and I all had it at dinner and we all loved it. It was $5.99 at Kroger for a 6 pack.
Writing in the "journal" today was fine, however I burned 1023 calories today during my run! How in the world do I eat healthy when I'm starving after a run? I usually have a protein shake, but we were out today so I had a string cheese.

I didn't end up seeing Harry Potter last night, we would have been late. I despise being late for a movie. Even missing a minute. It's Friday night at 8:07 PM, my cousins and sister just left my house. They were all over for eggplant parmesan and pasta dinner. I skipped the noodles again and had eggplant and sauce.  I have a busy day tomorrow, therefore I have to wake up early to do my 3 miles EZ run before it all. There are not may things that will wake me up early on a Saturday morning, I love to sleep in- however for some reason running is one thing I don't mind waking up for! One thing that is difficult is my mom hates running. She is convinced it's terrible for your knees and body all around. She wants me to become a walker instead, insisting it has the same health benefits of walking. I love walking, but I can't imagine feeling accomplished after completing a half marathon, walking. Is it terrible for you?



No comments:

Post a Comment