Friday, February 18, 2011

Last 5 miles until the half marathon!

I can't believe it! Today I had a 5 mile run, which is the furthest I am supposed to go until my half marathon in 8 days! It is beautiful outside today, the sun is shining and I would have loved to attempted my run outside except it is still a little wet and I didn't want to ruin my glass running slippers like the Disney e-mails call them. It was a relatively easy run, and I tried to push myself a little bit by changing the speeds on the treadmill from 6.5-8! I didn't do the entire run fast, just different intervals.

I ran 5 miles in 42:56, 8'34 pace

Right now I am drinking my Melaleuca  protein shake with a banana added to it. I added the banana today because we are going out to dinner tonight, which means I will eat later than I usually do. This morning for breakfast I mixed 1/4 cup of blueberries, fat free greek yogurt and flax plus cereal. It was really good! I surprised myself. It was very adventurous for me, I have to admit after following a number of health blogs lately I have been trying to be more creative with my meals.


I'm so happy it's Friday. My vacation officially begins! We are trying Rojo tonight in St. Clair Shores. It is a new Mexican Bistro that just opened near my house. The nice day+lakefront=margaritas? 

No comments:

Post a Comment