Thursday, February 24, 2011

Vegetarian Day 2: Not a success.

Like I mentioned yesterday, I don't really know if this is a good time to change my diet- 3 days before my big race. I will try again after Sunday, but last night I went out to dinner with my friends parents to Tony Roma's and was pretty hungry by the time we got there at 8 PM. I ended up getting a "caprese" pasta dish with chicken. It looked really interesting to me, and I wanted to stay away from the burgers! I barely touched the chicken by the time I finished the pasta though, but I brought the grilled chicken home and figured I could have chicken for lunch instead of a protein smoothie.

I woke up today with the sun SHINING! I have set my alarm for 8 AM every morning since I have been here. At home, there is no way I would be waking up early if I didn't have to- but it's different when the sun is shining! Why sleep when I can play in the sun! And that is exactly what I did.

I ran 2.52 miles at 22 minutes 05 seconds. My pace was 8:45. 

The pace was exactly what I want my race pace to be. The race is 13.1 miles and this was only 2.52! I am definitely going to take tomorrow as a "rest" day. I have a lot of activities to do tomorrow!

For lunch I made the leftover chicken in a wrap with spinach and cheese. I also cut a small tomato and added a little salt, pepper, basil and balsamic. I LOVE tomatoes! They are by far one of my favorite foods in the WORLD!

I am going to dinner with my friend tonight for his Birthday. I made him a Birthday brownie cake, and decorated it with pink!
I went to the pool after cleaning up today. I just got home and had a few of the most amazing almonds I have ever eaten- Blue Diamond Wasabi & Soy Sauce. I have always heard what a great snack almonds are, but have never been a HUGE fan. I think this flavor may have changed my mind! Hopefully it is still as beneficial as the plain almond.
Tomorrow is the Princess Expo! Not only that, there is a event at the Lululemon outlet for the runners! I am going to go to the Expo and lululemon. Here are some of the details on the invite on facebook- and look a crown on the logo!
More Info
In the spirit of the 2011 Disney Princess Marathon, we here at the lululemon athletica Orlando Outlet want to give all of our guests the opportunity to feel like a princess and all of our runners out there the opportunity to celebrate with us as they prepare to take on the race. In addition to all of your favorite lululemon gear, there will be tons of surprises in store, including the following:

*Christine from Baldwin Park will... be providing the first 50 guests, starting at 2:00, with a complimentary hair tinsel strand because, well, every princess deserves to shine. Tinsel strands are limited to one per guest.

*Mix1 will be providing complimentary protein shakes, while supplies last, from both their performance and lean performance line to support our runners in being their absolute best.

*We will have an in-store “Creation Station” where you will find all the tools you need to create a special sign to cheer on your loved ones participating in the race. 

Stop by any time between 2:00 pm and 3:00 pm this Friday, February 25th to experience the fun. We look forward to celebrating with you!


I am so excited! I will let you know how it goes. I have to get ready for dinner tonight, AND I am going outside to see if I can see a shuttle launch at 4:50 PM. Normal afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment