Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sanga Vinyasa and Exercise TV

Last night I attended my first Yoga session that was over one hour. It was called "Sanga Vinyasa" at Yoga Shelter in Grosse Pointe. This was very different than the yoga classes I have attended in the past, at one point rap was even playing!

The description is:

Sanga Vinyasa: Also referred to as Yoga Rocks, is a dynamic series of sequenced postures that seamlessly "flow" together. Sanga is a fancy Sanskrit work for 'Community'... Vinyasa is designed to build great internal heat in order to purify our systems. If you are looking for an eye opening, fun loving, high voltage, high energy yoga class, this is where you belong.

My review? It was fun. I almost didn't feel as much stretch as I usually do since we moved through the poses so quick, and we had a lot of time to do them on our own as well which I didn't like as much. I definitely built a sweat, I'm not sure if the heat is up more in the class, but I felt like it was a good workout regardless. I have only been doing yoga a handful of times and I can already feel a difference from my first class, I feel stronger- and more balanced in class and more capable of the poses. I like it!

I was pretty exhausted yesterday after a busy (and productive) day of writing follow up e-mails, unpacking, and cleaning up. I decided to lay low.

This morning I woke up, ate a small Chobani Blueberry Greek Yogurt  and did about 55 minutes of Exercise TV with my mom. We did four different "segments", two different abs (one with weights, one free standing), one total body conditioning with 8 lb weights, and one to tone your lower half. Every time I do a TV workout I always wonder why it is so hard for me to get started, I really enjoy them- and I love that I am using strength training in a fun way. Something I usually dread at the gym!

Now without my gym membership, I will definitely want to incorporate more TV workouts with my running and yoga to have a balanced workout. I think this will be the key to seeing results, ASAP!

I am headed to a sushi lunch with my mom at BluFin Sushi in Grosse Pointe. I really like the Blu Fin roll, and the tiny Kobe Beef slider is pretty great too ;) The service isn't the best, especially for being such a small place with only about 6 tables and a small sushi bar, but I definitely am a repeat customer.

I have to get ready, happy Saturday! It's only in the 40s... I think my goal this week will be to attempt a COLD run... I usually am NOT a fan of being cold whatsoever, so this will be a challenge. I'm up for it!

I'm missing Orlando and Disney already. Hopefully I will be back SOON ;) Here are a few pictures from Animal Kingdom with my brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment