Monday, March 7, 2011

The WIzarding World Of Harry Potter!

I know it's past midnight, so technically I missed another blog day. HOWEVER- today was another BUSY and FUN day. I woke up about 7:30 AM to get ready, take the dog out- feed him/ etc. before HARRY POTTER today. We left the house around 8:25 AM to make our way to Universal Studios. (We is my brother and I). We parked with little to no traffic, and basically ran through the CityWalk with excitement to reach The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. When we got to the ticket counter, we debated between a one park entrance or two, which would allow us to spend half the day at Universal Studios, but we decided on just getting Islands of Adventures pass. Instead, we paid a extra $25 to get a "Express Pass" which allowed us to wait in a separate line at the rides which was ultimately shorter. This pass was worth it, we ended up waiting no more than 10 minutes for rides that had over a hour wait.

So, FINALLY it was time for Harry Potter! One annoying thing about Universal in general is that they don't allow bags on any of the main attractions. Therefore the line to get into the Castle was so long and we didn't realize the long line was only for people with bags. The ride was called "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey"  and all I can say is WOW! This was very impressive. Definitely a highlight of our day, so much we went on it 3 times. This is a ride you can't use your fast pass for, so my suggestion is to GO SINGLE RIDERS! You stay in line with the person you are with, but then when it's time to ride the ride you sit with strangers. Big deal, you would most likely sit next to a stranger anyways and you can't talk during the ride. Take advantage of single riders! There were lines everywhere at Harry Potter. Even to get into the stores! The other rides were not as impressive, however I did enjoy looking around "Honeydukes Sweetshop". Of course we had to try the famous "butterbeer". I have heard mixed reviews, but I absolutely LOVED IT!

After Harry Potter, we hit EVERY ride in Islands of Adventures. Including the water rides, which were a mistake because it wasn't warm enough to be walking around soaked! Highlights in Islands of Adventures include "The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man" and the Dr. Suess section. We ate lunch in "Jurassic Park" area. We had a great time, but there is something about leaving Universal and leaving Disney. I just always have that "feeling" after leaving Disney that lacks at Universal. I can't explain what it is exactly, but I think Disney does a better job, all around.
We had a sushi dinner at Hanamizuki Japanese Restaurant which was close to the park. The food was great! We had soft shell crab, seaweed salad, udon noodles and sushi. I have to admit, I didn't care for the sushi as much as the other food, but it was a good meal. We stopped at downtown Disney after to do some last minute shopping, and I got the cutest St. Patricks Day Mickey Moues t-shirt. We also stopped at Goofy's Candy Co. and picked out a chocolate chip cookie to share. I really just wanted to go into the store and look and how cute and perfect all the desserts looked!

We walked a LOT today, but I am still excited to go on a run tomorrow. I know what I need to do when I get home, include YOGA and strength training with my running. I am excited to start training again for the Chicago marathon, do sprints for a few 5ks and 10ks over the summer, and possibly even a MARATHON! 

Mickey sprinkles!
Don't these just make you smile?
My new shirt! I love it! I bought it with my Disney Dollars :)
It's 1 AM and I am absolutely EXHAUSTED! I have a BIG day tomorrow- I am going to a "Meet & Greet" at Disney, and having dinner with a Graphic Designer at Disney! Hopefully I will get a tour of the design department. I am really excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment