Monday, March 14, 2011

I am the GRAND PRIZE winner!

Although it was tough falling asleep last night, I woke up excited to go to work today. It's been three weeks since I've seen the young preschoolers, and I was anxious to see their smiling faces. I was greeted today with hugs and pictures. Different students drew me pictures ranging from flowers, to castles to my favorite- a picture of myself, dressed as a lion with a small squeaky mouse next to me. (See below)

While I was at work, I checked my messages to find out I AM THE GRAND PRIZE winner of Arctic Ease's 


Pittsburgh Half Marathon Contest!


Show us your Black & Yellow Pride!

Arctic Ease the Official Dicks Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon Cold Wrap for our runner friends. Arctic Ease is proud to sponsor this amazing series of races. We’re giving away 19 entries to the race of your choice; the marathon, half marathon or relay marathon!

Six daily winners will receive a race number to the race of their choice, and an Arctic Ease prize pack complete with Arctic Ease running jersey, wraps and pads. One grand prizewinner will receive a race entry and hotel or air fare for the race.
Rules:

1. You must become a fan of Arctic Ease by clicking
“Like” on our Facebook page.

2. You must answer our question of the day by Midnight Eastern Time, posted “CONTEST:” in the comments section of the contest post.

3. Check back daily for the winners! Arctic Ease will select six winners at random each day from Wednesday, March 9th through Friday, March 11, 2011.

4. After all 18 daily winners are announced, we will select one winner over all the daily entries (not just daily winners) to win race entry and airfare or hotel (winner’s choice).

We’ll announce the grand prizewinner on Monday, March 21st. Bib numbers are non-transferable, so if you win, you’ll be the one running! Please keep all entries family friendly; inappropriate entries will be deleted and not eligible to win.

Start Thinking of Fun Answers Now! The Daily Questions Will Be …

Wednesday: What’s your favorite Pittsburgh landmark?
Thursday: What’s your favorite Pittsburgh sports team?
Friday: What’s your favorite Pittsburgh restaurant?

To qualify to enter you must respond in the comment section of the daily wall post marked CONTEST:

Thanks! Good luck!  


I received a message in my facebook inbox that I was the Grand Prize winner! Now I have to decide between the half marathon or the full marathon. I think I am going to go for the full :) YES, THIS WILL BE MY FIRST FULL MARATHON. A few months ago, I didn't even know if I could complete a half. Now that I have finished my first half under my goal time, it's time to go for the full! Since I just completed my first half about two weeks ago, I still feel like I'm in training mode. The marathon is almost exactly two months away, so I am going to research a few training schedules to see if I can incorporate what I have ran so far into marathon mode! This is exciting news. It is a REALLY busy time for me at this moment, but I feel really excited and like good things are going to happen to me career wise and athletic wise. I will do some marathon research and share what I find :) I am headed to Yoga tonight at Yoga Shelter, but maybe I need to start running again!? ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment