Saturday, March 26, 2011

Brrrrr

This morning I woke up, excited to try out "The Ripper" at Yoga Shelter.  My sister was supposed to meet me there after her eye doctor appointment. She texted me as I was getting ready for class, and told me she didn't want to go because she had a headache and her eyes were dilated from the appointment. I didn't even consider canceling, instead I went ahead to try out this class.

The Ripper and Vinyasa differ in a smilier way to regular and decaffeinated coffee. Both regular and decaf come from coffee beans but one provides a little more stimulation than the other. The taste and effect are similar but one is more substantial. The ripper is a full bodied strong intense physical Vinyasa that will leave you with an intense buzz. This class is designed to whip us into shape, experience our physical and mental edges and kick our butts! If you are looking for a more intense challenge, look for the ripper. 

It was definitely a challenge. However, when the moves are faster such today I don't feel that I get as much stretch as I crave from the slower ones. Especially with the running, the stretching is what I love about yoga and when we go through the poses so fast I miss it. Also, my wrists hurt in certain poses, and this class was challenging for my right wrist. It was not a favorite. I still prefer the gentler classes, however I am trying one called Xflosion tomorrow which combines Yoga, Martial Arts, and Dance. It is taught by the same instructor with the drums and guitar, so that should be fun.

When I got home from Yoga I was really hungry, luckily my sister picked up lunch and we had a family lunch to discuss a few things going on with my move. Some of the things on my mind is, where to live, how to pack, what day to get down there, etc. It helped to hear some feedback, but I was exhausted just thinking about it. I came upstairs around 12:30 and the next thing I knew it was 3:00 PM. I must have been exhausted because I slept really well, and woke up confused where the time went. I really wanted to attempt my 18 miles today, even though it seemed colder than the last few days. I went out, walked my first mile then kept a slow and steady pace for another 5 or 6. I ran right the boarder of Detroit, I knew I didn't feel comfortable running any further into the city and turned around to come back. The moment I turned back, the weather completely changed. It was now snowing a very little bit, but running against the wind was unbearable. I was wearing gloves, but even my fingers started to go numb. I stopped to drink some water and eat a GU Chocolate Outrage Gel packet I had leftover, but I was miserable. I don't think I will buy the Gels anymore, but switch over to chomps and give them a try. I called my brother to pick me up at a local store because I was so cold. My run ended up being 9 miles exactly, and although physically my body could have done more, I was too cold and was not enjoying it.

I walked 2 miles and ran 7 miles in 1:59:11.

I need to look at my schedule, I'm not sure how I am going to adjust this accordingly. I know I need to add more long runs, but this week was just too cold! Hopefully next week will start to warm up, and the next warm day I will just take advantage of the day by extending the mileage.  

I just got home from visiting Peter Nicholas. Here is my brother and the baby, how cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment