Thursday, March 17, 2011

Japan!

I tried my "foam roller" a few times today. It actually felt pretty good! I ended up doing a 4 mile walk/run with my dad on this beautiful sunny day. We walked more than ran, considering this is his first outside jog of the season. It was perfect for my hip, which was hurting.

We ran/walked (mostly walked) 4 miles in 59:24. 

When I got home, I used my foam roller again, and ate some dinner. After dinner I did the 25 minute weight video on Exercise TV, as well as a 10 minute abs video and 10 minute pilates leg sculpt. Then back to the roller. Tomorrow is my "rest" day, but I could really use a "Gentle Flow" Yoga at Yoga Shelter.  I think a slow yoga class would be a good rest day activity.

I donated $5 today on livingsocial and they donated an additional $5. Click HERE To make your donation! So far they have raised $472,820. It's pretty awesome what social media can do!


Melaleuca is also helping out, by matching each dollar you donate with $2. Check it out HERE. So if you donated $10, they would donate $30! Awesome. You can do this by calling 1-800-417-2581 and tell the associate you are calling to donate to the Japan Relief Fund.


I have been thinking about this disaster a lot, and it feels more personal because of my connection with Japan. I have met the people, and have even had Japanese students. It makes the situation seem "real" even though it's far away. I even have family (a cousin) and friends who live there. I have found myself stopping and feeling guilty doing day to day things, when I think about how so many lives have changed the last few days... 

No comments:

Post a Comment