Sunday, March 6, 2011

My first running prize!

I started to write this yesterday, but got distracted because I had a friend visit. Yesterday was the first day I've missed a post since I started this, so I will have to make up for it today.

Yesterday- There were around 900-1000 runners/ walkers today. I came in 6th place of the girls! It was awesome. The weather was perfect, and it was a really pretty loop.

My official time was 23:04! Pace: 7.43

I was bummed at first because I read the first 5 girl finishers received prizes, but guess what, I GOT A PRIZE TOO! Yes, they called my name at the awards! I got a green Publix bag with two "Fiddler 5k" beer glasses. Perfect.


#6 :) 
A Beer after the run! HAHA 
A sample I got at the 5k 
My prize mug!





After the race I went to the Winter Park Farmers Market. It was really cute and I had a few samples of cheese, sauces, and fruits! It truly was a perfect Saturday morning.

My friend came into town and when I got back we went to lunch and spent the day around downtown Orlando. The Michigan vs. Michigan State basketball game was playing (I didn't really care) so we went to a local bar to watch that. We went out last night to downtown Orlando. It was a fun, exhausting day.

Today we went to brunch at Dexters in Thornton Park. The food wasn't amazing, but it was amazing to sit outside in the beautiful weather. I ordered a cheeseburger with fries, and ate most of it. It was probably around noon by the time we ate, and I didn't eat any breakfast because I thought we were going out for breakfast, which turned into lunch. The area (Thornton Park) is really cute. I love how everyone spends the day brunching outside on Sunday in Florida! It is way to cold in Michigan. I can really see myself living here. My brother and I spent the rest of the day relaxing at the pool and just enjoying the sunshine! It was a pretty low key day, but we are going to HARRY POTTER at Universal Studios tomorrow! This was by no means a healthy eating or drinking week. My brother was in town so we went out to eat a lot, and ate at the parks. Tomorrow is a new day!

I think I need to start posting more of what I am eating- to be more accountable for it. I haven't been recording in my notebook since I got to Florida, I am just too busy! This "relaxing" vacation has been jam packed with activity. (All of it fun...) I barely had any time to relax! I didn't even get to read the books I anticipated reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment