Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Grace Ormonde!

I really thought by posting about the run earlier, it would make me go in the cold. But it didn't. The sun was nowhere to be found and it was freezing, so I put my run off again for another day. I am starting to feel unprepared for my marathon coming up, since I am skipping so many runs on my schedule. During my  half marathon training, the ONLY runs I skipped were about 2-3 when I was sick, other than that I stayed 100% on schedule. Tomorrow is supposed to be 45 degrees and the rest of the week is 45-47 so I am ready TO RUN! YES! I even bought fuel today at REI to prepare for the long runs. I bought 12 different Cliff Bloks in all different flavors, because if you bought 12 or more you save $.40 on each one. I figured I will use them eventually! The man at the store told me the cherry one had the most caffeine. I didn't realize that some of them don't have any caffeine, and I don't really know if it makes a difference or not. All I know is after how sick I got using the Gel during the race, I am ready to try something different. Maybe I can switch it up...


I still worked out today, even though it wasn't a run. I did Jillian Michaels on Exercise TV. She is nuts! I really thought with all the Yoga I have been incorporating I have been getting stronger, but I felt so weak doing her workout. It was a 30 minute workout, then I did 10 minute Ab video. Although it was a good workout, I didn't exactly care for it. I have liked other workouts by different instructors better. I really like when the workouts have a timer on the corner that counts down, and doing a few different ones that are shorter so I don't get bored.

I left early for the Grace Ormonde fashion show so I could stop at REI and Lululemon.  I really wanted to buy a strap for my yoga mat, because it drives me crazy since it is so big carrying it around and how it unrolls in the back of my car. I went for the cheaper option of a strap for $12 instead of a bag which was around $28.
The Grace Ormonde event was fun! It was a beautiful set up and the fashion show was fun. I even met Grace! The food was great, the fashion show was fun and it was kind of fun to get out and do something during the week.
With Grace Ormonde
I am going to see My Run tomorrow. It's a documentary about a man who runs 75 marathons in 75 days. If he can run 75, then I can run one! 

I just need to RUN AGAIN! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm seeing it too, Aubs! Don't stress about your runs, you'll be fine and your body will tell you when it's ready :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hannah! I can't wait until our run in beautiful San Diego!!!!!!! And to see YOU... I will let you know what I think of it, since I will be seeing it first!

    ReplyDelete