Saturday, March 19, 2011

17 Miles and Pancakes.

Last night I met some friends for sushi at Ronin in Royal Oak, Michigan. It was delicious! We went out for a little bit, and I saw a few people I haven't seen in a while but I had one thing on my mind the whole night: resting up for my 17 miles today!

Does the dress look familiar? It's the one I bought in Orlando!

I stayed out a little later than I wanted and went to sleep around 2:15 AM. This morning my mom woke me up at 8 AM to go to The Pancake House with her and my aunt. I wanted to have a little more sleep, but of course I accepted a offer for pancakes. I had 2 of my pancakes and a piece of bacon. I also had a few cups of coffee, I don't think it's good to dehydrate yourself with coffee before a long run, but it was better than falling asleep!

I came home and started to get ready. It was a sunny beautiful day, but cold. Much colder than last week, I wore a yellow long sleeves Brooks shirt and the white Nike fleece I've been wearing. I wore my lululemon black crop pants and a old black headband for my ears. Last week I thought about purchasing a camelbak for water for the long runs- while researching them I remembered a backpack purse I bought in Hawaii a few years ago that looked very similar. I pulled it out of my closet and decided it would be my own camelbak!  It worked PERFECT. It didn't bounce at all on my back, and I barely noticed I was wearing it. The brand is "Da Kine", it's a surfer backpack I think, I'm not really sure. I packed in my bag 2 water bottles, Cliff shot bloks in Tropical Punch, my Ipod, phone, a few dollars, and my running watch. I was ready!

I started my run, and it was quite chilly but when I started I warmed up a bit. I ran a little under 10 minute miles for the first 7-8 miles, then my knee and hip started bothering me. I really don't want to injure myself, so I walked about 2 to my friend Beth's house (who is also pictured above from last night). We discussed that she could join me for some of my adventure today, so I walked there to meet her and a new buddy- Woodly! We ran about half a mile together, then walked an additional 3.5. It was great to have her and Woodly to break up the run, it really made it fly by. By the time I dropped her off I only had about 3.5-4 miles left. I decided to go straight to my cousins to tell them the news, that I AM MOVING TO ORLANDO. Yes, it's true! I am moving to my favorite city. I can't wait!

ALSO, I found $5 on the sidewalk in a neighborhood. I looked around to see if anyone dropped it, but there was no one in sight! I was worried at first if I picked it up it would be stuck in dog poop and there would be a group of teenagers laughing at me, but I kicked it a bit and it looked safe to me :) I got paid for my run today! Fun! 

I ran/walked 17.02 miles in 3:56:54


When I arrived at my cousins I called ahead of time to have a protein shake ready for me. I ate some leftovers they had and came home and showered immediately. I have kind of been lounging around since 4, I talked on the phone quite a bit today, catching up with friends, telling them the news about Orlando. I am EXHAUSTED right now. And thirsty. I literally can't keep my eyes open and it's 8:15 PM. I am waiting to go to sleep, I wanted to go to sleep early anyways so I can wake up tomorrow for YOGA. It's a cross training day, but I really want to do Yoga as well. I have about 19 left from my Groupon I purchased, and I need to use them before I move to Orlando! Although I walked most of it today, and had company, chatted on the phone, it was a fun and the miles went by pretty quick. 


No comments:

Post a Comment