Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sushi Picnic

It is beautiful out today. B E A U T I F U L! And yes, I am currently enjoying a sushi picnic in the front yard. We had about 9 rolls leftover from last night's dinner and we took them home so I could finish them for lunch today! They are tasty, but I stand by yesterday that they are not my favorite rolls in the world.


I slept in until 9:30 AM today and woke up, took care of the dog and changed into my running clothes. I had to take my brother to the airport, but I figured if I was already in my running clothes and tennis shoes I would go on my run right when I got home instead of getting on the computer and laying around. That is exactly what I did! I came home, and went almost immediately out the door. It was probably high 70s during my run, a little hot but I really enjoyed it and it made me sad to think I will be back in the snow in a few short days.

I didn't really have a plan for my run so I just kind of went out of the neighborhood and kept going. Originally I thought maybe I would go about 3-4 miles but it was so nice outside I did a slow 5.

I ran 5 miles in 51:57. 

I came home and did a few stretches, sit ups and push ups outside in the front then took the dog for a quick loop around the block. His hip has been hurting him so I haven't taken him far, but every time I leave the house he tries to come with me!

I thought about training during my run today, and how I actually miss having my schedule to look at and know exactly how far I have to do the next day. I am excited to find a new training schedule, and possibly even longer for the marathon. Also, I think it will be really fun to add intervals which scared me at first. Hopefully the weather will reach the 50s soon at home, anything under that is a little cold for me.

Well I have about a hour left in the sunshine until I have to get ready to go to my Meet & Greet at Disney! I debated stopping at the Lululemon outlet on my way, but like I mentioned before- I really wasn't too impressed by it. Maybe it could be like a "hit or miss" though, the store is sometime like that as well. Also, I've spent a little out of my expected budget on this trip so far, so it might be best to just enjoy the weather :)

One more exciting thing, on my Nike plus I am ONE mile away from the next level. I'm not exactly sure what it means, but I'm excited to get out of the green and onto the blue!

2 comments:

  1. The outlet is always hit or miss! The trick is to make friends when people who work there and will tell you when they have a new shipment that looks promising :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured it was like that! Maybe too many running Princesses beat me to the shipment this time :)

    ReplyDelete