Saturday, July 23, 2011

Lakeland Series #3

Today was awesome! My alarm went off at 5:20 AM and I jumped out of bed ready for race day. I felt a little more prepared today than the last two races since I have started to incorporate speed into my runs.

The night before I laid my outfit out.

I wore pretty much my exact lululemon outfit that I wore for the Pittsburgh Marathon. 

I am becoming very comfortable with the course, now that I have ran it 3 times and have enjoyed it every time. The weather is bearable in the shade and with a breeze by the water. Today was great. My roommate Beth and I had a extra friend come to this race with us, our friend Brent. It was great to know there were friends running in the race with us. We started together, and although I told him I wanted to start out slow our first mile was 7 minutes!

My Nike watch is completely off, so I'm not going to even go by that but I know my time was 23.18 minutes. This is a huge improvement from last week where my time was 23.59.  I came in 19th of 383 women who competed today, 3 of 50 in my age group (for women) and 131 of 705 overall.

It was a good morning. I'm still waiting for the series results to be posted. I'm confident with more speed training and dedication I can reach a 22 minute 5k :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment