Wednesday, July 13, 2011

...and it begins

Training for the 2011 Wine and Dine half marathon on October 1 has officially begun. Yesterday I started with a "30 minute tempo" run, which wasn't exactly that. I started on the treadmill walking and since I haven't used the treadmill in a while I wasn't sure what was a comfortable pace for me. I started at 8.5 but quickly cramped and tried to breathe through it, and put the treadmill down to 6.2 for a little. I received a phone call during the run that I had to take as well, but I hopped on and tried to finish strong. All in all it was a good run to get back into it, and I definitely think the treadmill is going to help my speed. With warm up and cool down my total was 5 miles, but I only ran 3.9 of it.

I ran 3.9 miles in 35.57. 

I am going to research how to use the treadmill to do the Interval workouts, and see if I can use the treadmill to help me track 400 meters. Otherwise I'd like to find a nearby track I can actually use.

The picture of me is at my gym in my apartment complex with my new shoes. I ended up keeping the original pair I bought a few weeks ago and yesterday was my first time testing them out. I'm not 100% sure how I feel about them, they felt a little bouncy but definitely supportive. I'm excited that training has officially begun. Today is cross training.

No comments:

Post a Comment