Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Training.

I have been bussssy! Training officially started last Tuesday which means I have been back into half marathon mode for about a week. I missed having my calendar of set workouts in between training. I really like knowing exactly what workout I will be doing the next day and so on. The last time I posted was exactly a week ago, which means I have a week of workouts to catch up on here. Luckily, I record all of them to keep track of my progress.

Thursday, July 14 I ran a easy 2 miles at 19.26. 


Friday, July 15 I ran 3 miles at 28.46. 


Saturday, June 16 I swam for a hour in the pool.


Sunday and Monday I took rest days (I prefer not to take two in a row, but I didn't anticipate Monday being so busy)


Tuesday, July 18 I ran 6 miles in 57.17.


Today I ran a easy 2.5 then ran 1 mile with speed workout which I will explain. 


A friend of mine used to train runners in the military. He is going to help me with my breathing, and speed. To start he told me to start at 7, run for 1 minute, move it up to 7.5, run for 1 minute, move it up to 8, run for 1 min., move it up to 8.5, run for 1 minute, move it up to 9, run for 1 minute, move it up to 9.5, run for 1 minute, move it up to 10, run for one minute. I did exactly this tonight and it took me to a mile in about 7.05. I found it challenging, but definitely doable. I think I will try starting it at 6.5 or 7 next time, or maybe not combining it with a long workout and doing two speeds. I am going to add this to my training, in addition to what I already have on my schedule. Not only am I training for the half marathon in October, I am also trying to improve speed. I have three 5k's coming up from now until the end of August.

I am excited for the Track Shack Celebration of Running 5k in Downtown Orlando. I have two girlfriends who are signing up with me, which means we will probably head to Lululemon to get matching outfits!

I actually designed a logo for Track Shack's Battle of the Band's 5k. Here is the final version of my design:


No comments:

Post a Comment