Monday, May 23, 2011

Recovery.

This week there hasn't been a lot to update, because I haven't been running! It's been a week and one day since the Marathon, and I'm still recovering. My body feels fine. I was never really sore in my legs, or body or anywhere except the bottom sides of my feet. I can walk fine in heels, just flat footed hurts. The two days following the marathon were by far the worst, and everyday has been getting better since. I went to Dick's Sporting Goods  yesterday because we got a $10 coupon in our marathon bags. I ended up buying the Thrive by Dr. Vonda Wright to try to massage out my pain!

Here is the "product information" from the website. Experience the healing benefits of the Thrive™ Massage Ball. The Massage Ball features durable spikes designed to stimulate sensory points on the body. The compact design allows you to release tension of sore muscles and promote healing anywhere. Place one on the floor below your feet for a relaxing foot massage, or place against a wall or chair for a soothing back massage. 

FEATURES:


  • This fitness tool is part of the Dr. Vonda Wright, M.D., fitness program
  • Spike design stimulates sensory points on the body
  • Increases blood flow to release tension of sore muscles to promote healing
  • Use at home, at the office, or while traveling
  • Constructed with durable materials built to last
  • Diameter: 3.5"

I brought it to work today and rolled it under my feet at my desk. If anything, it feels good! 


I swam on Saturday, but other than that I took it easy this week. I have plans to see "Water For Elephants" tonight, which I've been excited to see but tomorrow I will probably start my workout routine up again :) It will be interesting to see what I do without training now. My goal is to incorporate swimming, strength and yoga as well as run shorter distances. It is going to be a hot summer, but I have a treadmill for quick runs and I am sure I will still attempt outside. If I don't run in a few days I start to get antsy, and I'm starting to feel that now! I just want to be 100% before I attempt to run again. 

I feel settled in Orlando now, and am looking forward to Memorial Day weekend coming up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment