Monday, May 9, 2011

Enjoy The Struggle

Motivation came in the mail today. My friend Hannah sent me an amazing bracelet she made for a group of our friends who are all currently in training. They are all training for the San Diego Half and full Marathon while of course my Pittsburgh run is Sunday. I received a bracelet and cute note in the mail today, that really meant a lot.

She also included a quote "You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement." -Steve PreFontaine

My favorite part of the note was "Next time you feel like giving up use this bracelet as inspiration- we're all here for you, enjoy the struggle". Hannah has been a great inspiration throughout my half marathon and marathon training, I will wear this bracelet this entire week, the race, and probably after that! Thanks Hannah! Love you!


Today was a REST day. I considered doing a shorter run because the weather was beautiful, but I really enjoyed having a rest day and using it to knock a few more things off my "moving in" list. I keep telling myself to just get through this weekend...

1 comment:

  1. You're SO welcome! You're going to be amazing in the 'burgh. I'm excited for you and love you lots :)

    ReplyDelete