Friday, May 13, 2011

FINALLY!

My "blogger" has been down the last two days. I have been busy thinking and preparing for my MARATHON weekend!

I sent everyone the link so they could TRACK ME! Although I'm nervous for my results, considering with the move and crazy schedule I don't feel as prepared as I did for my half, I think knowing people are tracking me will be motivation throughout the race to KEEP GOING!

Also, I read an article a few months ago and it stuck with me so I thought I would give it a try. I wrote down the names of 26 (well more than that, some miles have a few names) names to think about and "run for' or motivate me along each mile. It was fun coming up with a list! My marathon "playlist" is complete.





I have enough music for 7.9 hours of running. OH DEAR, I BETTER cross the finish line before my music runs out ;) I thought I would listen to it on shuffle, so it would kind of be a surprise what song was going to come next. And I have a mix of Adele, Florence and the Machine, and more upbeat songs. I usually listen to lighter tunes when running, so the combination should work for a long run. 

I am completely packed! I ended up buying a new Lululemon outfit for the run. I bought longer shorts- the Groovy Run Short and a Cool Racerback.  I tested the outfit during a 3 mile loop (I ran 3 miles in 30:15) around my apartment complex and although they still rode up a little bit, they definitely were longer than my speed short. 

It is supposed to rain a bit in Pittsburgh on Sunday- but weather from the 60's-70's.


This is it! My marathon outfit, and supplies for Sunday. I am packing them in my suitcase now. I have had a very productive Sunday so far preparing everything and packing, doing laundry and "catching up". I am not going to run today, but I'd like to do something active- I am going to swim laps at our pool and check it out. It's hot enough!

Tonight I am going to make myself a pasta meal, just wheat noodles and instant sauce. I have been drinking water and green tea all day. If you would have told me a year ago that I was going to run a marathon in exactly one year I would have never believed you. I remember being nervous for my 10k in Bangkok, not knowing if I could make that! I am really excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment