Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Weights

I tried out the gym in my apartment complex today. (The picture is taken from my apartment's website, but I don't want to put the link up)


I was not impressed. I wanted to do free weights in front of the mirror but there really wasn't anywhere to stand, and they didn't have 8 lb weights which I usually use- only a set of 5's and ONE 10. They didn't have any mats so I laid towels down to do abs and weights on the floor. I did 10 minutes on the elliptical with the 5 lbs in my hands. I tried to do a few different sets with what I had in the area I had, but I think my best bet for free weights is to buy a set of 5-8- and 10 lb weights and do DVDs. I will check my TV tomorrow to see if I have any programs. I ended off my awkward workout with a mile on the treadmill- at 9.0 speed, I did a mile in under 7 minutes! I think it ended around 6:50. It felt good.

Tomorrow I am going to see if I can use our pool for laps. I think I should be able to as long as no one is there, and it did NOT look crowded. That would be the perfect summer workout. I already finished my 24 hours for the week and I'm thrilled to have a long "Thanksgiving" weekend. I always call having Thursday and Friday off a Thanksgiving weekend, because that is what it reminds me of.

Here is a picture of my pool, again taken off the website.


It looks nice, so I will attempt this tomorrow. I am not setting my alarm tomorrow and going to sleep until I wake up- which means it will probably be too hot for a run by the time I'm up. I have a TON to do tomorrow, and I haven't slept in yet!

My newest FAVORITE thing since I've been in Florida is flavored water. I drank a lot of cucumber water during my trip to California so every morning I put a different fruit in my new favorite tumblr by Aladdin that I bought at Target for around $12. I love it! We have a water machine at work and I will fill it with ice and water and all day it is delicious! Monday and Tuesday I put cucumbers in, and today oranges. I am obsessed!
I'm starting to feel a little more settled. It's my Birthday this weekend. I have a few plans, so that is exciting! I'm not sure what yet, hopefully a combination of going out, Disney, working out and relaxing before my big marathon the following weekend. Ahh!


No comments:

Post a Comment