Friday, March 25, 2011

Cold Run

I felt 100% better today. Even though it's past twelve, I am writing about March 25, 2011. I really HAVE been THAT busy lately. After work I went directly to the hospital to see my new baby boy. Today was the first day I saw his sweet little eyes open! He is just precious. I had dinner plans tonight, so I couldn't make any of the scheduled yoga classes. I was really getting antsy from not running all week, and with the sun shining and a chilled 28 degrees, I bundled up. I wore a silly green hat, a long sleeve, sweatshirt, gloves, you name it. (Also, I am starting to pack all of my good clothes to take to Orlando, therefore my wardrobe of regular and workout clothes have been clothes that are a few years old...)

Usually I walk down my street before I start my run, it's kind of like a ritual. I ALWAYS do it, except today. The minute I stepped outside I started running, missing my 5 minute warmup. The reason? I was cold! The cold motivated me to go a little faster, and it went by fast indeed.

I ran 5 miles in 42:09, with a 8'25 pace.

When I got home, I felt great. However, my stomach was FREEZING, the sweatshirt I wore must have rode up when I was running because the bottom of my stomach was almost blistered and red from wind burn (or just the cold.)

I am absolutely exhausted from this week. Tomorrow I am meeting my sister at Yoga for a "intense" yoga class called "The Ripper" at yoga shelter. I need to get some rest before that! My phone has been going crazy taking baby pictures. I have been really stressed, but it's a "good" stressed, which is making time FLY by. I have 2 million things to do in about 2 weeks... I will write a list tomorrow, after my 18 miles... until then GOODNIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment