Thursday, March 31, 2011

And I'm back!

I was starting to get antsy since I haven't ran since Saturday. I've wanted to run all week, I just didn't want to run in the cold. At all. Everyday I contemplated it and it was just too cold for me! Today we moved out of the 30s and into the 40s so I bundled up and went out the door. Really the first few seconds of a cold run is the worst, but at times it can actually be enjoyable because you never get overheated. While training for the half marathon, I would only count the miles I was running, never walking. For the marathon training, I am counting both- including warm up and cool down. I am doing this, because I read it's all about mileage, and walking is mileage too! I walked down my street and back, about two blocks total walking and I ran the rest. I ran at a very comfortable pace today, but even managed to do three short sprints! I am intrigued by interval training, since I have never done it before. Since I did well on the last 5k race I competed it, I figured I could do even better if I added some interval training!

I ran 5.5 miles in 57:15 

My hip felt great, and my knee too. It was a great run! I actually have to jump in the shower, because I'm going to see My Run tonight. I REALLY hope I enjoy it...

No comments:

Post a Comment