Thursday, February 3, 2011

Diet & Fitness Journal

Although I hate the word "diet", my mom bought me a "diet & fitness JOURNAL your personal guide to optimum health" book. Basically you record EVERYTHING you eat. I am not opposed to this, I have tried in the past but get sick of it. My goal this week (starting today even though it's Thursday) is to do ONE WEEK of 100% commitment to recording what I eat. I will review it after a week, since it's my first day I don't really know if I like it yet or not.

I had my 4 miles at "race pace" run today.

I ran 4 miles in 33 minutes 57 seconds on a track.

I tried not to concentrate on "how much distance" I covered, rather kept my watch on the pace instead. I tried not to even look at that, just to get a feel for it. My pace was a lot more constant with 8.13 miles and one at 9.13, overall average 8.28 minute miles. I wore shorts today to the track and ran outside to my car after and must have had three different people scream at me "you are going to get sick! put some pants on!" It was quite amusing.

I have been switching my morning coffee to tea. This morning I had a Earl Grey Organic Tea, and it was great! I also love green tea. I drank green tea every morning when I was living in Bangkok.

I really love my Nike watch. When you run your fastest time, or run 5 days in a row a athlete pops up and tells you how proud they are of you. I love it!

My friend Hannah is a marathon pro! I'm not sure how many she has completed, but I know she has completed a few full marathons and her mom is a fan as well. I have basically asked her 100 questions. She recommended these, and I can't wait to try them!

1. GU Energy Gel: Simple & Fast.
DESCRIPTION:
GU is simple. Simple is fast.

Simple to take, simple to digest, GU Energy Gel provides just what you need for premium exercise fuel and none of the extras that slow you down. GU takes you where you want to go, fast.
Launched in 1991, the world’s first energy gel is still the most efficient sports fuel available today. GU’s carbohydrate blend delivers high-quality, easily-digested and long-lasting energy for athletes in every sport and at all levels.


I am going to head to REI this weekend to pick them up. I am debating eating a access bar during the race, however I think these Gel shots will be easier! Like I said in my earlier post, I am going to try a complete run through next weekend on my 12 mile run, meaning wear the outfit, try the gels, basically do everything I am doing for the race. I might even try my Minnie skirt! People on the track that day will be extra confused. I just want to make sure everything is right for my big day! I also ordered those lululemon ultimate running socks! I am expecting my Amazon CDs and socks any day now!

I love getting e-mails when lululemon gets new products. I think these Hot Class Shorts are really cute in coal/ purple crush, but I definitely want to try them on before buying. Also, they might be something I would only wear to the pool!
Today I wore a BRIGHT YELLOW and black Brooks running long sleeve that I bought from Hansons Running Shop and black Ralph Lauren, RLX Sport shorts. I love these shorts. I can't find pictures of either of these online, but I'll take a picture soon to put up. The shirt is obnoxious yellow, obviously made for night running but it's really comfortable although I was a little hot in long sleeves for the run. The shorts are great except I felt they were a tad bit too short, I forgot a headband today but had a bandana in my gym bag my parents gave me for Christmas. I tried to fold it like a headband but it was off after about 10 minutes and I had to wear it around my wrist! It's really cute, the bandanas just don't stay on my head. I did abs and free weights of 8 lbs today. I have been researching new strength training, I am going to print out some exercises.
Tonight I am going out to dinner and finally going to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows: Part I.  Although I have not read all the books, I have seen (and enjoyed) all the movies. I would like to get around to reading them one day, I just personally prefer to read non-fiction books. My brother has read every single book, and loves them. He came home with the last book the day it came out and I read the last few pages to see what happened, which made him very upset. Opps!

UPDATE- 8:48 PM We missed Harry Potter :( My mom decided to come to dinner with my brother and I, so we ended up staying for a while. I WILL SEE THIS SOON THOUGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment