Saturday, February 12, 2011

12 mile run :)



I don't know why this lady is talking about a 5k and not saying anything about this being my longest run yet! Whatever.

Today was phenomenal! I went to sleep and woke up knowing today was my 12 mile run. My sister didn't like the idea of running 12 miles with me, so I went to track near my boyfriends house. I almost cried when the guy there told me the track was 16 laps= 1 mile, the one near my sisters was 7 laps=1 mile. I wasn't going to let that ruin my mood though. I had my playlist, my Princess outfit, and my Gel packets all ready for my run!

I ran 12.01 miles in 1 hour 46 minutes and 44 seconds. Pace 8:43.

am proud of that time. I can definitely run another mile in under 14 minutes to equal my goal of finishing my half marathon in under 2 hours!

I wore my skirt, top, new running socks, and new flo y bra. I will post a picture of my entire outfit, laid out clean- not now because I look like a sweaty donkey.

My sister didn't like the longer shorts I bought, she didn't think they fit right, so I think I'm going to return those. For $48, I will wait until a short goes on sale. The skirt worked out really well with the Body Glide. My legs don't hurt at all. I noticed my nose kept running so I am going to need to bring tissues. I didn't have a fanny pack (I don't think that is the "cool" word for the running packs) because I am using my dads and he brought it Vegas with him this weekend to go hiking, but the only other thing I will need in my pack is a face wipe, tissue and my phone. I will need my phone to locate my friend after the race! My headband came off around mile 6 and I just threw it to the side, but for the race I will just stick it in my fanny pack, or I might try another one... However, I don't want it to interfere with my Minnie bow!

So I am happy to say, I am officially ready for my race :) I can't believe how fast these 2 months have flown by! I feel great right now. This is the longest I have EVER ran in one setting. I know I have a lot of support going into the race from my family and friends and that feels great too. Everyone has been really supportive answering my questions, and listening to me rant about my runs. When people ask what I've been up to lately though, really it's just been working and running. So, it really has been a big part of my life the last two months (and twelve years).

I am drinking the Premier protein shake right now. I ate a Access bar, a Cliff shot turbo in Chocolate cherry and a GU Energy Gel in Jet Blackberry. I personally liked the Cliff one better. I went through two, and although I have two left I think I'm going to pick up a few more before I head to Florida.



In the beginning of my run, while I was doing my 5 minute warm up walk a lady told me I had great legs and it takes a lot of work to achieve that. She was a lot thinner than me so it was a nice compliment, I didn't know what she was talking about because I already had my headphones but it was amazing how much motivation a nice compliment can give.

During the 10 mile mark my right knee started to hurt a little bit and I actually could feel myself talking to my knee, just telling it to feel better and thank you for carrying me through. As weird as it sounds, it worked and I was able to run through another 2 miles which seemed like nothing.

I am exhausted, and going to a "surprise" Valentine's tonight so first is first- I need to shower.

I had a a Turkey on multigran and a pickle from Potbelly's before and it was really good. It's really cool you can go online and type in exactly what you had to get the Nutritional facts. I am really trying to make healthier choices! I am exhausted, must shower. Must rest. Must take off socks.

Calories: 626
Total Fat34%22g
Saturated Fat43%9g
Trans Fat--0g
Cholesterol26%79mg
Sodium100%2406mg
Total Carbohydrate21%62g
Dietary Fiber27%7g
Sugars--6g

No comments:

Post a Comment