Sunday, February 20, 2011

I might be the only girl who can chip a "no chip" gel manicure!

Today was my "rest" day, but I actually really wanted to go to Yoga. I woke up at 7:55 AM excited to go to Yoga!  I started the morning with my favorite 1/4 combination of flax cereal, greek yogurt and blueberries. I put it in a little cup and it looked like a parfait! The class today was called "fusion" it was basically the slow flow with a few "extra twists and turns". I liked it, however I think the instructor makes the world of difference for the energy in the class, and I definitely liked last weeks class better. The instructor today was talking a lot about "expectations" however, and it made me think- what is the difference between a expectation and a goal?
After Yoga I came home, showered and picked up my mom to meet my sister at Brio for lunch. I had green tea and the beef capriccio appetizer as a meal! My girlfriends all order this as our meal and waiters and waitresses always comment how funny that is. 
After lunch my mom and I went to get manicures and pedicures at a place in Partridge Creek called "The Nail Longue".  My girlfriends always go here to get this gel manicure that supposedly is IMPOSSIBLE to chip. It also claims to last 3 weeks. Well nothing is impossible, especially for me. I managed to chip my thumb by accidentally touching it before she was even finished. I didn't know how it would turn out when it dried but there is definitely a little hole chip on my thumb. I can NEVER seem to walk out with a perfect manicure! Why is this so difficult for me! We will see how long this lasts on me. I went with a summery pink color for the 80 degree weather I will be encountering in Florida. 
The snow is coming down pretty hard right now. It was sunny and beautiful last week, and I thought spring was in the air. I was wrong, but that is Michigan weather! Tomorrow I have a 3 mile run at race pace, and after that my training schedule just has a few "20 minute" and "30 minute" runs here and there! After tomorrow I have officially completed the assigned runs on my training schedule. I have a few more errands and things to pack before tomorrow, but in 24 hours I will be at the airport! 

No comments:

Post a Comment