Wednesday, February 16, 2011

No strawberries yet.

Yes, sadly there are no strawberries yet. I was hoping for a strawberry miracle overnight, and it just didn't happen.
I had a really busy day today. After work I ran my 3 miles at a race pace. It went by really quick. I tried to push myself a little more than usual since it was such a short run. I kept thinking about a 5k and how fun it would be to try to really push myself during one, now that I have been training quite a bit.

I ran 3 miles in 24 minutes 37 seconds. Pace 8'11

Since I have been feeling sore, I decided to finally try out Yoga Shelter with my groupon. It was just what I needed. This was the FIRST time with yoga that I actually broke a sweat and felt like what I was doing was beneficial. I have tried it a few times, at my gym, and haven't enjoyed it very much in the past, however I liked it today. If yoga really is equivalent to strength training (I have to research this) I would prefer to do yoga over weights. My tea has a very yoga message today! I went to a class called "Slow Flow" and would definitely go back to this style class. I also used my new YOGA mat, "The Mat" from Lululemon. I liked it! It was soft and I felt a lot of support. It wasn't slippery, and it laid out nice and flat. Today my wrists didn't hurt as bad when I was in certain positions, I don't know if it was the mat, the class, or my mood.

Yoga Shelter in Grosse Pointe is located right next to Trader Joe's. Trader Joe's became popular while I was in Thailand, and I actually haven't had a chance to check it out before today. I went in and was very impressed with the selection, the design and how shopping there felt different than just going to a regular grocery store. I bought two things to try, the Trader Joe's Roasted Seaweed Snack and the Trader Joe's Veggie Sticks, Potato Snacks. They were both delicious! I actually ate a lot of snacks that were "seaweed" flavored in Thailand, and I didn't think I would be able to find it in the states unless I went to a Asian grocery store. One thing about living abroad is watching the treats the kids eat there compared to the states. Kids in Thailand LOVE seaweed and fish flavored SNACKS! 
I borrowed the book "Skinny Bitch" by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin. I have heard a few mixed reviews about this book, but decided to read it during my Florida trip. Has anyone read this?

I am exhausted from running and yoga today! I am anxious to see if I will feel sore at all tomorrow from the class. I have a lot to get done this week before packing my bags and heading to Florida on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment