Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The snowstorm is coming!?!?!

It is supposed to snow 15 inches tonight in Michigan! Will work be cancelled is the big question? It's supposed to be a blizzard and people are really making a big deal out of this storm... I just hope people are safe, and don't go on the road unless it's NECESSARY!

Since I am doing a snow dance and anticipating a day off work tomorrow, I switched my "rest" day from today to tomorrow and went to the gym to do my 5 miles today.

I ran 5 miles at 44 min 07 seconds. 8.47 min miles

When I was finished running, a random man on the track said "good job, you were my motivator". It was nice to hear that from a stranger! Before my ran I drank a Melaleuca Access Shake.
Here is the description:
  • Patented nutrition that turns fat into fuel
    • Energizes your workout
    • Offers endurance with less fatigue and soreness

They also come in bars. I can definitely tell the difference if I have a bar/ shake or if I don't energy wise. I use all Melaleuca products, from hand wash to shampoo/ conditioner, vitamins and fitness products. 
A few weeks ago Living Social  had a great deal for Amazon, buy $10 and get a $20 credit. I bought it, and purchased two CD's for my half marathon. I usually don't buy CD's, instead I download music off Itunes, however I remember really liking both of these CD's while working out. I hope my taste hasn't changed too much, which it usually doesn't when it comes to music, but these are the CD's I bought...

and
Here is the playlist:

Source Presents Hip Hop Hits 2
1. Still Not a Player
2. Money Ain't a Thang
3. Money, Power & Respect
4. Déjà Vu (Uptown Baby)
5. Do for Love
6. Hope I Don't Go Back
7. Party Ain't a Party
8. Turn It Up (Remix)/Fire It Up
9. Get at Me Dog
10. Still a G Thang
11. It's Alright
12. What'cha Gonna Do?
13. Horse & Carriage
14. N.O.R.E.
15. I Got the Hook Up
16. Luv 2 Luv U [Remix]
17. 4, 3, 2, 1
18. Gone Till November



Dance Party (Like it's 2003)

1. I Don't Want U - Wide Life
2. I Never Knew (Mike Rizzo Global Dance Mix) - Gloria Gaynor
3. It Just Won't Do - Tim Deluxe featuring Sam Obernik
4. Milky - Just the Way You Are
5. Safe From Harm - Narcotic Thrust featuring Yvonne John Lewis
6. I Wanna Dance With Somebody - Roxane
7. Back 4 the Morning - Neja
8. Tears (Dezrock Radio Mix) - Rockell
9. No One's Gonna Change You - Reina
10. Rainy Day - Renee Stakey
11. Heaven - DJ Sammy & Yanou featuring Do
12. Take Me Away (Into the Night) - 4Strings
13. The Theme - Jurgen Vries
14. Something - Lasgo
15. Reason - Ian Van Dahl
16. Come(Into My Dream) - Foggy


I am always looking for new music when I run. I like to listen to ANYTHING, and by that I mean ANYTHING. I listen to all different genres, depending on my mood mostly. I really like to listen to songs I just like in general, but need to switch it up a lot so I don't get bored. Let me repeat that, I need to switch it up A LOT.

Today I ate toast with sliced chicken and avocado for breakfast at around 6:50 AM. I ate 5 cherries for a snack around 9 AM. I ate lunch a little earlier today around 11 AM and it was a sliced chicken, avocado and mustard sandwich and a few slices of mango, and a small chocolate cookie. Around 2 PM I had a access shake before working out. I was really hungry after my workout so I came home and ate a tomato with salt and balsamic vinegar, and a slice of cheese. 

My little cousins are coming over for dinner and we are having shrimp lobster sauce and rice, a Chinese dish my dad makes. 

Unless I make up any recipes, which I doubt I will as of now- I don't really see a point on posting pictures of the food I eat on here, unless it's really special! I am currently living with my parents, so I am not creating any recipes, rather eating what is in the house. My dad is really into fitness as well, he has completed a few half marathons by running/walking them. He ran a 10k with me in the summer at the Detroit Zoo which was a blast, and offered free access to the Zoo after the run. My dad likes the races, but doesn't really like the training process! He does a lot of the OnDemand workouts throughout the week, and sometimes I will join him for them. My mom and dad are currently counting sugar on labels, something I would be willing to try, however like I have stated my main goal is to be able to eat anything I want, in proportion and knowing how to fuel myself properly for the amount of running I do.

So, will this blizzard take place? I guess we will see! Today my legs were a little sore and hurt in my shins, which I hope are not shin splints because I used to get them in high school (I think from wearing the wrong shoes) and I can't think of anything worse as a runner! Does anyone have any cure for them?

Hopefully I won't be going anywhere tomorrow, and just enjoying a SNOW DAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment