Sunday, February 13, 2011

3 mile EZ, aftermath of a long run

I woke up today with a sore right shoulder. Well that and a puppy poking my head to wake up. Reilly (the Golden Retriever) slept in the same room as me last night and I knew that meant he would wake me up as early as possible for feeding time. I was right, 7:30 AM his little paw started gnawing my face to wake me up to feed him. His life revolves around food and resting. Silly dog.

I don't even know how that is possible, I must clench my arms too much when I run. It's pretty sore still :( My legs were also pretty chafed from the running skirt, but not too bad. The 3 mile run was easy today, I went at a really slow pace as well. I went to LA FITNESS in Bloomfield Hills, it was really clean and new looking.




I ran 3 miles in 30:40 at a 10'12 pace.

I wanted to go really slow and just concentrate on feeling better. We had a big breakfast this morning with Parker's family. We had bacon, potatoes, whole wheat toast, and eggs. Every Sunday they have "Sunday breakfast" it's so cute! I am still here, that is why I went to the gym in Bloomfield. Before we went to the gym I had a pear and I just got back and had oatmeal with blackberries I crushed up using my fingers. Although it was messy, it was delicious! I made Parker one too but put walnuts and brown sugar in his. I also had some shredded sauerkraut, I know this is a random thing to eat, but I love it!
I'm enjoying a relaxing Sunday. I usually like my "rest day" to be Sunday, and now with no more long runs I can do that. I have spent the entire weekend away from home. The weekends always FLY by! I talked to my friend today I am housesitting for in Orlando. I met them in Thailand during a contest I was in, and they are genuinely some of the nicest people I have ever met. It is crazy some of the friendships I have made while abroad. I miss my friends from all over the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment