Saturday, February 19, 2011

Packing!

Today was a very productive and fun Saturday. Rojo last night was really fun! I started with a Margarita, our table shared a guacamole for an appetizer and my mom and I shared the chicken and steak fajitas. It just opened last Wednesday so the restaurant was crowded, we waited for our table and it took us a good thirty minutes to get our food, but we had great company so it didn't matter. I would definitely go back, although I don't know if I would go for a full Mexican meal. The Guacamole appetizer was very unique, they made it right in front of you, and you watched someone slice the avocados, tomatoes, and everything needed to make it right in front of your table. The food was good, but I think it was a little expensive for traditional Mexican food. I can see my friends going there to the deck in the summer for margaritas and appetizers, but I don't know if I would go back for a sit down dinner! 

 I fell asleep last night at 11 PM, I couldn't even keep my eyes open. I woke up right away at 7:30 AM and contemplated going directly to the gym, but just loved not having to wake up so I didn't. I stayed in bed until about 9 AM then got up and got ready for my easy 2.5 mile run. The sun was shining today, even though it was still pretty cold, it just feels different when the sun is out!

I ran 2.5 miles in 24:45 pace 9'52. 

I am VERY dedicated to following my schedule EXACTLY. If it tells me to run at a easy pace, I do it. If it tells me to run 8 miles, I do it! Looking at the two months I can't believe how close it is to the half. I skipped about a week of runs when I was sick, but I didn't skip any long runs- I made up for it. I really can't believe how the time has flown! Although I didn't lose the weight I was hoping to while training, I am definitely stronger. I am a stronger runner, I have a stronger mindset on goals, and have already achieved so much completing a 12 mile run without walking one bit of it. If you would have told my cross country high school self I would be running 13 miles in a few weeks I would have laughed at you.

I was supposed to go to Thai On Main in Royal Oak for lunch today. I was so excited for their drunken noodles! I met a friend from Chicago who was in town and my other friend who is running the race with me. It was closed! I was disappointed but we ended up at Little Tree for sushi and my favorite Philippine fried rice. It had marinated beef, sticky rice, seaweed salad and two eggs on top.

After lunch I went to REI to purchase a few more Cliff Energy Gel Shots and Cliff Shot Bloks. I bought Mocha and Chocolate Cherry. I bought the Blocks in Tropical Punch. They are so squishy! I also bough TYR Soft Silicone Ear Plugs.  I have never tried this brand, but these are my favorite kind of ear plugs when they mold to your ears. I really started to enjoy swimming laps in Thailand, where the weather was over 100 degrees and it wasn't possible to run outside with the heat, pollution and traffic. I swim in the summers at my local park, and I love it! I know there is a pool where I am staying in Florida, but I don't know if I will be able to do laps yet.

Now it's time to pack! How cute is the Thai red bull shirt? I bought these in Bangkok for my guy friends and family. I am bringing one to my friend whose Birthday we will be celebrating in Orlando!
Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment