Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday Fun-day!

There's something about Sunday's that just seem so Sunday-ish. The morning it's always nice to sleep in a bit (which I did today, until about 10:45 AM!) then after you eat brunch, it hits that it is Sunday and that means the start of another week! The only thing I don't like about this feeling is knowing I have to wake up early the next day. My days are always filled and busy, and I like it that way- I just don't like waking up early. I never have!

I made breakfast- I wish I would have taken a picture because it turned out really well! It all started from a little homemade "cinnamon butter" I saw in the fridge. I mixed 4 eggs with a little bit of Organic Milk and cinnamon. I dipped 4 halves of english muffins in this mixture and put them on the stove. I cooked the rest of the egg mixture, which was mostly whites on top and put a little bit of the cinnamon butter. I had half of a Chobani Greek Yogurt  in blueberry and put fresh blackberries and blueberries in it. We also had fresh squeezed orange juice! I have been hearing quite a bit about "Greek Yogurt" lately. It had a lot of sugar in it, but it was delicious!

After "brunch" it was time to do my cross training for the week. I used the elliptical for one hour. For the first 40 minutes I held 2 lb weights in each hand and the last twenty I held 5 lb weights in each hand. I alternated between different arm strength training on the elliptical, and I really enjoyed doing it while doing cardio. As I have probably mentioned, I am not a huge fan of strength training, but trying to incorporate some more into my workouts. Reilly sat only a few feet away from me throughout my workout and watched me the entire time!
After my workout I tried a Vanilla Premier Nutrition protein shake. It was delicious! And only 1 gram of sugar. 
Superbowl Sunday means nothing to me. I don't ever like the commercials. I like to organize my life Sunday nights by cleaning up my room, and figuring out what I have to do throughout the week. I can't believe I only have one more long run until the race, this has just flown by! The race is officially only 3 weeks away.

I talked to a friend yesterday who has completed two half marathons. He sent me a picture of this Glide anti-chafe and said he liked it. I will probably pick one up this week. He ran his first half in 1:59 and second one in 1:45. What a great improvement! 

I am going to work on the "perfect playlist", with my new CD's and the music I already have. I will post my official playlist when it is finished. I am only going to listen to it next weekend, and then wait until the actual race! 

No comments:

Post a Comment