Monday, January 31, 2011

What do you do after a long run? Another run!

Although I'm not sore today, my left ankle is kind of bothering me. This started happening when I returned home from Thailand. I am not sure exactly what caused it. I went skydiving in May and when I landed, didn't bend my knees because I was too excited! I landed flat on my ankle straight legs, and it didn't hurt that bad but I have been a little sore in my ankle ever since. Today I wore a ankle brace I bought at Hanson's Running Shop .



After the long runs, my training schedule says you are supposed to do a shorter run at a EZ pace. I usually do these on the treadmill at the speed of 5.5-6.0 but I think today I am going to do my 4 EZ miles on the track. 

Since I am also trying to incorporate strength training I am going to go to a Trifecta class tonight at my local gym. It's twenty minutes of step, twenty minutes of another type of cardio and finishes with twenty minutes of muscle conditioning. I should probably be attending more Sculpt or Body Sculpting classes, however I really enjoy the Trifecta one and believe the chances of me going are better if I actually enjoy my time there!

As for food consumption today, I have been trying to watch my "sugar" intake. My goal is not so much be on a diet, rather watch what I eat and eat it moderately so I can eat everything in portions! 

I ate greek yogurt with blueberries for breakfast at around 6:50 AM, a clementine at 9:00 AM, and a chicken sandwich, iced tea, slice of mango and a few grapes at 11:45 AM. I will update this post in a few hours when I get home from the gym. I am going to take a nap now!

UPDATE: 8:29 PM

I went to the gym around 6:15ish. I ate dinner around 5, which is a little earlier than I like to but I knew I had to run and didn't want to leave too late. I joined a seven day free membership at the local Bally's by my house, mainly just to use the track for the week and get off the treadmill. I got there and didn't have my license or any kind of ID so they almost didn't even let me in, ugh. Finally they did and I started my run at 6:36 PM and REALLY took advantage of the EZ next to the 4 miles. 

I ran my 4 miles today in 43 min 31 seconds

It was definitely a relaxed run. After the run I did about 25 minutes of 8 lb free weights and abs. I did a few lunges as well. I don't know why I dislike free weights so much, I think I'm just bored when I do it. My goal will be to go online and print out a few different things I can do. When I find them I will post them.

I wore my lululemon "Relaxed Fit Crop II"  which are $86 online, however I bought them on sale for $24 in the store! I own them in static charcoal/ very violet.  These are not really running pants, and I wouldn't really recommend them for running either. The bottoms kind of swish back and forth when I ran and it was a little annoying, even though I was going at such a relaxed pace. I wore a old yellow Victoria Secret mesh shirt and a Pantagonia Women's Capilene 2 Zip-Neck shirt. I actually got this for free off moosejawrewards.com after earning points for buying a Northface jacket and backpack. 

Pantagonia Capilene 2 Zip-Neck Shirt
Lululemon Relaxed Fit Crop II
I really like the Pantagonia top. Here is the description:

The Women's Capilene 2 Zip-Neck Shirt by Patagonia bears the open, highly breathable knit and feathery weight of Capilene 2 which affords unhindered airflow, excellent wicking for endurance activities in warm to moderate temperatures--it's also our fastest-drying Capilene. Because of its low-bulk design and streamlined fit, Capilene 2 also acts an excellent layering piece beneath Capilene 3 or 4 during colder weather. The curvilinear construction provides an updated, fast-forward fit, with seams that won't chafe under a pack or climbing sling. Made of quick-wicking, fast-drying 54% post-consumer recycled (and 100% recyclable) Capilene 2 polyester, with Gladiodor natural odor control. 
We are supposed to have a snow storm Wednesday! I was going to take tomorrow a rest day, but I am going to reconsider that and switch it to Wednesday... If I don't have to go to work, there's no way I'm heading to the gym! Instead I'll run my 5 mile run tomorrow at a "comfortable pace", meaning definitely not 10-11 minute miles but probably around 9 or less. 
For dinner tonight I had pasta sauce (no noodles, I'm weird), 2 turkey meatballs and a salad with avocado, tomato and mango. When I got home from the gym I had an apple!
What to do if we have a snowstorm?  

No comments:

Post a Comment