Sunday, June 5, 2011

5k and Ariel Arts

I wanted to get a good nights sleep before the 5k Saturday morning, but I just couldn't fall asleep. I finally fell asleep at 1 AM knowing I would have to wake up 4 hours later. My alarm went off at 5 AM and knowing it was race day got me out of bed, however unprepared I really was. I laid my things out, but still felt tired. We drove the 45 minutes to the start, did a quick registration and made our way to the start line. I felt tired at the start, but ready. When we started the first mile I felt strong until the same foot from the marathon started to really hurt. The same pain came back in my right foot which prevented me keeping up any kind of speed. The first mile flew by but the other two were much more difficult with the pain, and I finally crossed the finish line at 24 minutes. My official time isn't posted yet, but I'll post it when it does.

My splits were 7:01, 8:13, 8:52. I was NOT happy with those last two times, I can usually run that for a NORMAL run, NOT race day run. I was a little disappointed that my run was slower than my last 5k by a minute, however I am going to start speed training, and hopefully my feet will heel, whatever it is going on. (These pictures are after the race, I wore my lululemon skirt and top)




After the 5k my roommate Beth and I decided to try Ariel Arts. I had another girlfriend meet us there too! We bought the deal of living social for $10. It was definitely worth it! I don't think I'll go back but we had a great time at the class and today my arms are really sore and even my abs. We learned basic techniques and even got to do a few moves. It was fun to watch the people who were really good at it.


All of these activities were successfully completed by noon! It's Sunday now and I'm sore all over from the Ariel Arts. You definitely need upper body strength to complete the moves. My parents come this week and are bringing me a set of 8 lb and 10 lb weights- time to start weight training! 

No comments:

Post a Comment