Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Speed: Day 1

I don't know why I'm so apprehensive to follow a speed plan. I'm sure the programs I listed obviously know what they are talking about, and I loved following the "plans" for the half and full marathon, so why am I scared of these tempos and intervals?

I decided to do my own speed workout this morning. I woke up a little later than I have been for my morning runs, so decided 3 miles and speedy would be a good way to work on speed and get to work on time.

I decided on 3 miles since that will be the length of the 5k this weekend, and just went for it. No intervals or anything, just went as fast as I could while trying to hold a pace knowing I had 3 miles. It was nice to mix up the run a bit and go faster, and to not have to go as far.

I ran 3.1 miles in 24:32

My splits were:
I would like to keep all my splits under 8 minutes. I'm liking how my Nike looks- 4 runs in 4 days :)

This weekend is my sisters two year wedding anniversary. Love you, Aleene & Joey!


No comments:

Post a Comment