Friday, June 3, 2011

5k tomorrow!

My roommate and I wanted to do a 5k this weekend. The problem with Florida is once summer hits the races seem to die down I hear. We found one 45 minutes away from our apartment and decided to go for it!

It's actually a series of races you can compete in, if you do all 4 you save $10. Since it's 45 minutes away and I don't know my schedule yet, I'm not going to sign up for all 4, if I do end up doing them all it will only be $10 more. There is kind of weird things about it though- the prizes aren't given out until the end and only if you race in them all and you are only guaranteed a shirt if you race in them all. Odd. Anyways, I'm excited. Tonight I ran a little, walked a little. I didn't want to be sore for tomorrow.

I ran about 2.5 miles and walked 2.5 in 1 hour 50 seconds. 

My first 2 miles were at a 8:13 pace. It was actually pitch dark on my way home and it was pretty cool to be in Celebration then, but a little scary too.

Here is my annual "night before race" layout. My alarm is set for 5:05 AM, so goodnight!


                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment