Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Sunday!

I woke up at 8 AM ready to run. Well, ready to workout. I wanted to run but I was worried it would be too hot. I stepped on my balcony and the sun didn't seem too strong yet so I went for it. I drove to Celebration and started my run around 8:20 AM. 5 miles is pretty much my "go to" mileage- and since I had the whole day ahead of me I decided it would be a good start to the day. I'm happy I didn't go longer, because by the end of the run it was HOT! It probably raised 5-8 degrees from 8:20-9 AM.

I ran 5 miles in 44:32. 

I pushed myself a little but still stayed at a pretty comfortable pace. To do this week: figure out a way to increase speed! When I got home from my run I had some chocolate milk and did about 20-25 minutes of weights and abs. My dad brought me a set of 5 and 8 lb weights, so I'm mostly working with the 8. I'm not the biggest fan of strength training, but I'm trying to incorporate it slowly into my workouts. Using them a little is better than nothing, right? 
What a great start to the week. I've been productive all morning. Now I'm off to lunch at Market Street Cafe and to the pool! I can't believe how fast the weekends fly by!

No comments:

Post a Comment