Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Easy Morning...

As I mentioned my roommates goal is to run an entire 5k by the end of the summer. I had a really hard time sleeping last night, and woke up 40 minutes before my alarm! I put on my running clothes then sat on my computer until I heard my roommates alarm go off- then I knocked on her door and told her I was ready to go. She was REALLY confused why I was up and ready so soon. So was I.

I am working with her to run a little more each day. Today I ran 1.5 miles with her, but since we picked it up from 1 mile yesterday, we went at a MUCH slower pace. I didn't mind since I didn't get a lot of sleep. She did great, I'm 100% positive she will be able to run the last 5k of the Lakeland series. 

The first mile was a 12'40 mile and the second was 11'33. Once we passed the 1.5 mark she turned around and I continued on keeping a comfortable pace of 10'20 at mile 3, 9'26 at mile 4 and 9'59 at mile 5. 

I ran 5 miles in 54:03.

I am running a 5k on Saturday, the Lakeland series. I was in debate if I should run it again, it's a very early wakeup call and last race I got really sick that week- I was wondering if it was from the lack of sleep. I really need to make sure I get to bed EARLY Friday. Also, I still haven't done any speed training. However, at $10 a race- this could be a speed training workout! So yes, Saturday is a race day :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment