Thursday, June 16, 2011

New Goals.

I thought I was going to bypass getting sick EVER again since I'm not working in a school setting anymore. I was wrong. Last Wednesday (I mentioned in my last post how I wasn't feeling well that night...) well it got worse. I couldn't sleep that night because I was freezing and woke up feeling terrible, and knew I needed to go to the Dr. I went that day and had a temperature of 102 and tonsillitis. I felt terrible and basically slept on the couch the next two days and ate popsicles. I started to feel better Friday which was just in time because my parents came into town with two of my little cousins. We rested Saturday and Sunday spent the day at Epcot and Hollywood Studios. I wasn't feeling 100% but it was so much fun to spend the day at Disney with kids who have never experienced it before. My parents left last night, and I worked this week as well so the week has consisted of going to work, driving to my parents hotel, going out to eat, and doing "touristy" things with them. I had a blast, but they left this morning and I am definitely ready to get back into my routine. I only worked out one day since I've been sick! Tomorrow is the last day of my 10 day antibiotic I was given, and I definitely am looking forward to running again.
Uh oh... Star Wars weekend!
My favorite ride- Nemo at Epcot!
We all got Celebrate pins for my cousin's first time! They also got "1st visit" pins :)

With the heat, I really want to start waking up early to run again. Or practicing speed on the treadmill. I'm still in debate of the date of my next half marathon, but I should start researching a new plan since I am no longer considered a beginner with a half and full marathon under my belt :). I can't believe how fast the week flew by, but I'm definitely ready to get back into a running/ training routine. I love training because it helps me focus on a goal and have a definite mileage for that day to prepare for- instead of just making one up. Another goal is to improve speed, which means I will need to start a program to do this. I ordered a new Cool Racerback from lululemon in Tango Red. I really like the racerback I bought for the marathon so I bought one for summer races! 



Running Goals:
  1. 21 minute 5k
  2. Improve speed for my next half marathon- 1:45 goal time

No comments:

Post a Comment