Saturday, June 25, 2011

Race.

I was able to go to sleep REALLY early last night. I was in and out of sleep throughout the night, but popped up way before my alarm went off at 5:25 AM- I was up around 4! Maybe I went to bed too early.

I always am excited in the morning when it's a RACE DAY.

Before the race... (still dark outside)


My official chip time today was 23:54

This time put me in #168 of 777 finishers today.

The race results are finally up at www.coolrunning.com. I did NOT use my new shoes today, I'm still in debate if I want to try to get different ones- since the new ones kind of make me feel like I'm walking in moon shoes. I really tried to PACE myself today- however I definitely could have pushed myself a little more. My official chip time last race was 24:04. So I did improve (even if not by much). My stomach was upset during mile 2, but I actually really enjoyed the run today- the weather was nice, my music was great and I felt good during the run. Last race I came in #191 of 835 finishers.

Now, in my age group- I am not doing so bad! Last race I came in 6th place for Women's 25-29 and this race 8th place. Since the girls in the top didn't do both races, I'm in place #5 for the two races so far. Top 3 finishers get prizes!
Race #1

Race #2

I KNOW what this means. I need to do speed workouts. I do! My time is a exact measure of the work I've put in, which for speed is none. I will get better!

After the race...

I'm so proud of my roommate, Beth- she did awesome! She was able to run 1.5 of the race and improved her time by almost 2 minutes. Her goal of running the full 5k by the end will definitely happen- I ran to meet her when I finished my race and run with her and she was able to SPRINT the finish line. Awesome!

After the race I came back and the weather was beautiful and I felt great so I decided to go to Celebration and run 5 more miles. My watch was acting up and wouldn't record the time- but I did the loop I usually do so I can guess it was around 5 miles. When I got back a friend asked if I wanted to play tennis- and I said absolutely! I haven't played since last summer, but it was really fun. We played for about a hour and a half, and now I am exhausted. What a day!



No comments:

Post a Comment