Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Very Odd

I am not a big happy hour person. I just never have really been one to go out for a drink after work, because usually I'm too busy! And by too busy I mean I prefer to run, swim or do some kind of activity. Since I'm new to Orlando I have been networking and meeting a ton of great people. Someone I was introduced to a few months ago invited me to Happy Hour in celebration with him and his girlfriend. I figured I could meet them then go on a run, and just get a drink. It was a very odd experience!

Another funny part of this story, is I am usually not a beer drinker. Why I decided to order beer tonight was very strange, I think it had something to do with the fact that we were sitting outside and it was pretty hot outside. I ordered a Strongbow Cider, and enjoyed the company of new friends outside.

After we finished, I met another new friend for a run. I wore my running skirt to happy hour so I'd be ready to go right when he got there. We actually ran quite fast- here were the splits: What happened at mile 3?

Mile 1: 8:13
Mile 2: 8:13
Mile 3: 8:43
Mile 4: 7:30

We ran 4.03 in 35:35.  

The weather was great and it was a great run. I wanted to do 3-4 because I was worried about the pain in my foot coming back- but I felt great after- no pain. The only weird thing- my hands itched like crazy! They were swollen, red and itchy. I had no idea what was happening to me, they itched all the way home along with my feet too! I think it had something to do with drinking a beer before running, but it was a very odd experience. I took 2 Benadryl when I got home and it's starting to go away but it lasted about a hour and it was very strange. I don't know if it was an allergic reaction, but I guess lesson learned: Happy hour + Running = not happy. 

I haven't been sleeping well lately, so I'm going to sleep early tonight hoping that changes... Goodnight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment