Friday, June 17, 2011

Marathon Goal!

I almost forgot one of my main goals.

#3. COMPLETE A MARATHON UNDER 4 HOURS.

I keep having flash backs of mile 24 at my marathon, and being SO close to finishing under 4 hours but my body just wouldn't allow it. I don't think I could have pushed myself harder at that point, no matter how much I wanted to. I will complete another marathon, and I will complete it under 4 hours!

I woke up this morning at 6:45 AM ready to run. I stayed close to my apartment and did a nice slow 5 mile run. I walked .15 to the start and back- and counted it in my mileage which I usually don't count (walking) but today since it was my first day back I had no intention on running for time, but just to get back out there and move!

I ran 5.21 miles in 55:23 at 7:01. 

Last week when my parents were here I wore a pair of flip flops and the same pain in the bottom of my feet came back. The flip flops were arched similar to the inserts in my running shoes, so I decided it is that arch causing the pain in the bottom and sides of my feet. I took out the inserts in my tennis shoes to walk around last week and today was my first time running without them. I definitely felt flatter, and I taped my nike tracker in my shoe. I need to stop in a running store and see what is going on with my feet, shoes, but the run was great. It was hot and it's getting humid even in the morning, but it was definitely bearable and I am so happy I went this morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment