Wednesday, April 20, 2011

20 miles :)

I ran 20 miles in 3:54:21. 

Wow. What a great, great afternoon. I did 21 miles last week in Florida in 5:04:39 and 20 today is 3:54:21. I wore my yellow Brooks running shirt, a hot pink lululemon sports bra top, lululemon shorts (which was bad because my legs chafed, really would have preferred to wear my pants but there's a big hole in the back), lululemon socks, lululemon headband and the KT tape knee wrap. I ran the majority of it today and only stopped to take breaks to eat shot Cliff bloks and have water. I brought 2 waters, one pack of Tropical Punch Cliff bloks,  and pretzels with peanut butter for a snack. I had the bloks and water about every 4-5 miles and drank my water around then too. Around mile 18 I stopped in a deli to pick up a gatorade and a Muscle Milk protein shake. (I also bought a "Oh Yeah" protein shake, but I didn't drink it... It's for tomorrow)




I ran the entire "strand" back and forth twice, up and down two piers and then had to circle around my friends apartment at the end to reach 20. I ran the majority of it and stopped to refuel, but other than that my body felt pretty good. I had texts from Hannah throughout which helped, and the first half flew by. Actually up until about 15 went pretty fast, with the view of the houses and ocean but the last 5 miles dragged. I am currently icing my feet which feel really swollen and my knee which hurt a little throughout. I am THRILLED I bought new tennis shoes today, I can't wait to get them. I need them. Tonight my friend Natalie and I are going to sushi for dinner. I have a feeling I am going to be hungry...





This was in someone's window! Hello! 
The weather was perfect. It was mid 60s with sun here and there. I was able to keep my long sleeve on the entire time without getting too hot or too cold. It was fun to people watch. It was inspiring to look at the amazing houses. I spent the day at the beach, doing something I love, running. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment