Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Disney, New Shoes and upcoming 20 miles!

It's 11:46 AM here in California. I thought I'd be on my run by now, but I had a slow start this morning. I haven't been on my computer to "catch up" since I've been away, and this morning seemed like a good time to do so. The weather isn't amazing outside right now, so I don't feel guilty for sitting around and doing so. The best news of the morning? My brother got a job in NYC! He is very excited. I knew he could do it! Now we are both moving in the span of about a week. It's going to be a crazy adjustment for my parents, but now they will have a lot of places to come visit.

So back to Disneyland yesterday. I had a awesome time. Highlights were Nemo Submarine ride at Disneyland and a cute ride that was mini figurines of different storybooks. I loved when the cast member said "...and if you were wondering all of the plants and trees are real and mini by a process only known by Tinkerbell." Highlights at California Adventure were Soarin', Toy Story Mania and Tower of Terror. Thankfully all of those rides are in Orlando! I really liked the pier though with California Screaming and the cute Mickey Ferris wheel. The only thing I didn't love about California Adventure was the construction. There was a lot. It's amazing to see all of the new things they are developing, but if it was my very first time at any Disney park, the magical illusion would have been a little disrupted by the construction everywhere. Luckily, since it wasn't my first time and more like my 500th time I will let it slide. Now I've conquered every Disney in the world except Paris. Next trip? Paris! I went with my cousin Jonathan who lives in San Diego and we had a great time. He is a really nice guy, and although we are cousins yesterday was the longest we've ever spent hanging out and it was nice to connect. I had a cobb salad at the parks for lunch which was great, I got the dressing on the side and with all of the flavors from the salad I only used 1/4 of the dressing! We dined at Cheesecake Factory for dinner and shared my favorite appetizers, Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps and Avacado Eggrolls. I also had a slider, but we had plenty of food and I actually am eating the leftovers right now.



Here are a few pictures I uploaded from my phone from last weekend in San Diego with Kirk. We took his scooter from his place to where my friends were. I loved seeing San Diego on the back of that thing! I felt like I was in Bangkok, only safer because I knew my driver wasn't drunk, high and I wasn't inhaling pollution and weaving through traffic in one of the most dangerous driving conditions in the world. 

 


One more thing for today. I ordered new shoes. I went on a wet ride at Disney yesterday and my shoes got SOAKED. They don't smell very nice this morning, but it forced me to take a good look at them and realize after the half marathon and four months of training, it's time to get a new pair. I didn't want to change styles right before my marathon, so I ordered the exact same pair and size in a different color on Nike.com. I was able to get free shipping, but it was still painful to pay the $106 being so tight on a budget right now. I knew I needed them because I started to get shin splints on my last run, and these shoes have definitely seen better days. 



OFF TO MY 20! Wish me luck!  Here are my new shoes/ style/ size/ etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment