Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sunshine in Manhattan

What a difference the sun makes! The beach, the walking trail, CALIFORNIA- everything looks better when the sun's out :) 

I logged 17.3 miles today. 


I left the house at 10:30 AM, walked to Natalie's work 5.5 miles away, then we ran to the beach and back which was another 5 miles. When I looked at my watch it was at 10.5, but then I stopped it to eat some of the snacks I packed and tour Natalie's work. 

When I started again, it lost my previous 10.5 and I had to start again, but when I got home my watch read 6.8. I got home around 5:30 so the entire day was 7 hours of exploring, walking, shopping and enjoying Manhattan beach. 

The morning started with a small mango smoothie from Jamba Juice. I got a extra shot of immunity and energy (I needed it!) 





I stopped for a cupcake at Cupcakes Couture in Manhattan Beach. It was really random because I have actually been following them on facebook for a few months! A friend of mine on facebook is friend with the owner and was promoting it on the page and I "liked" it to see the cute cupcakes and cakes they were creating. Since then I have seen it on one of my favorite blogs green wedding shoes! I just happened to spot it yesterday when Natalie and I were out to dinner and knew I wanted to make it back today.



I went for the gluten free red velvet cupcake. The frosting was good, the cake not so much. I wanted a healthier version. I should have stuck with a "mini" real one.

I walked the strand back home. I am pretty sleepy right now. I'm waiting for Natalie to get home from work. Tonight we are going out in Manhattan so I'm excited to experience this area. I really like the vibe in California. It was great to see so many active people walking, running, biking and playing volleyball. I wasn't sure if I could see myself living in California, but I'm starting to think I can...

It's crazy to think I've traveled 37.5 miles in two days... on foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment