Tuesday, April 5, 2011

To slow flow or not to slow flow?

To slow flow! Today I accomplished everything on my "to do" list. I love lists, actually they drive me crazy but I love them and need them at the same time. My weekly, daily, and "things" to do list and planner, help organize my life. Today's was quite full, in fact I didn't get home until 9:45 PM tonight after leaving the house at 7 AM this morning.

By the time I got to my cousins and ate dinner and a half of brownie I was exhausted. I really didn't know if I wanted to go to Yoga or not. I wanted to, but I didn't know if I even felt like changing and driving there. I went back and forth, and just went for it. I am so happy I did! Tonight was a "slow flow" class at Yoga Shelter, but it was very intense. The class was PACKED, at least 40 people in 4 rows and even people in the door. It was a really good class, and right in the beginning of class the instructor told us to forget about our day and set a intention and focus in class. That is exactly what I tried to do, since my mind has been racing and for a few minutes of the crazy day it seemed to work! My intention was to relax, and I do feel much better now after going. There is something about going to yoga when it's dark out that just feels more relaxing. The room seems so different in the dark than the daylight, and knowing it's the end of the night vs. the beginning of the day has a feel to the room that you can really leave everything you went through the day at the door and just focus in class. I need to find a new yoga place in Orlando, I'm hooked!

I don't have as much running around tomorrow, but I do want to go to my new favorite "XFlowsion" class. I really should be running too, but with the miserable weather and the few yoga sessions I have left from my Groupon I hope to make up a few long ones this weekend. I don't know if it's better to take the time off or keep at it when in pain, but with the yoga, chiropractor (and a little bit of foam roller) and rest my hip feels like it is getting better. My chiropractor said I should look into wrapping my knee when I run, like doing a figure 8 around the knee cap. Has anyone ever heard of this? I feel like I am getting different advice from websites/ people/ and dr.'s. I guess I just have to try things and figure out what works best for me, which is exactly why I am recording it and writing this blog!

I really liked the "motivational quote" from yesterday, from Spark People. I don't really know what this website is all about and only came across it looking for quotes- I didn't even realize until this second it was about weight loss. Anyways, I have been lacking in any kind of picture taking so here is another one I liked. Enjoy! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment