Saturday, April 9, 2011

21 miles :)

I walked/ ran 21.16 miles today in 5:04:39. 

I intended to do 19 today. I walked my first 6 with my girlfriends here in Florida, then when they left I ran a good 5 or 6 then walked again, then ran a bit then realized I was really lost and walked again. It was a lot of walking, but actually it was a great experience. I only really got antsy and wanted it to end near the end. I wasn't prepared for a run that long, but thankfully there were a few drinking fountains along the path. I had a few chomps, but should have definitely had more fuel for 5 hours because I was pretty hungry when I got home and have had a bit of a headache the entire day. It was hot, but I ran on a beautiful path here in Bonita with a lot of shade and plenty to look at. When I got home I drank a chocolate milk, jumped in the pool (in my running clothes) and laid around. I definitely think I have the mentality to do 5 more miles after the 21, however I really need to practice running a bit more. What a day!









No comments:

Post a Comment