Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Best Day Ever

A hike overlooking LA and the Hollywood sign. The cutest lunch deli with delicious food while spotting celebrity Adrian Greenier from Entourage. Wine outside on a beautiful day with best friends. Does this all seem possible? Yes, it does! And it was! I had a very memorable last day in California yesterday. It's one of those days I'm sure I'll remember the rest of my life.
Natalie and I the night before.
Lee! Who made the PANCAKES!

We woke up and started the day with homemade Pancakes and strawberry sauce made by our friend Lee. We drove to LA to hike g through Runyon Canon Park in Hollywood. The hike took about 2 hours and was absolutely stunning. We saw views of Los Angeles and the Hollywood sign. It was a perfect sunny day and the weather was ideal for a hike. The hike was challenging, but not too difficult and I was sad when we finished. It was about a 3 mile hike all together, with beautiful views.

Peek a boo Hollywood sign!
Love.

After our hike we headed to the The Mustard Seed to eat lunch. While walking past the window I spotted "Vinny" from Entourage. I couldn't think of his name, and I was a little bit more starstruck than I thought I'd be. He is really good looking in a very pretty boy kind of way, and seemed to be enjoying his lunch. If we didn't just finish a long hike and was starving I probably would have asked to take a picture with him. Also, he was eating lunch and no one seemed to be bothering him so I didn't want to make a scene, even though I kind of did. I did manage to get a pic of him walking out of the restaurant, even though and one point we were only a few inches away!
Bye bye Adrian Grenier :( 

Coco staring at the Hollywood sign in between opening the window with her paws.
After lunch we headed to "There's no place like HOME" restaurant. It was adorable! The theme was "home" obviously, and it was a very cute, laid back feeling.

After lunch we headed back to LAX area and had a quick bite for dinner. I don't remember the name, but it was a all vegetarian restaurant. I realize where my weaknesses are when it comes to ordering out. I had a side of sweet potato friends I could have easily went without at dinner and a side of potato salad at lunch that I could have easily switched to salad. I have to start making these small changes, and stop treating everything as a "special" occasion.

The flight home last night was easy, I slept the entire way. I woke up in Detroit, came to my house and slept a few more hours. Now I am sitting in my messy room, trying to get the motivation to unpack to pack again, while thinking of the amazing time I had in California. I am really happy I chose not to cancel the trip. The next few days are going to be insane, but I'll make it work.

Today is 100% a REST day. It is a beautiful day in Michigan, I just need a day of REST for my body. I ran/walked/hiked 40 miles the last 3 days, so I think it's well deserved :) At this moment I feel happy and extremely blessed to have such great friends all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment