Friday, April 8, 2011

8 mile run in the Florida sunshine!

I woke up early, and was wide awake. Why? To run! I was excited for the warm weather, sun, and to get outdoors. I am really looking forward to living in Florida for the next 8 months, and bypass another winter. Anyways, the run. I went to Hanson's back in Michigan yesterday and they gave me samples to try of KT TAPE for my knee. My chiropractor recommended wrapping my knee when I ran so today I tried it out... I don't really know if it helped, but I felt fine. The beginning of my run was rough, I somehow ended up on a path in a golf course and got about 8 mosquito bites. I was itchy, sweaty, and my right ear bud kept falling out. As soon as I got out of the trap though, I felt 100% better. I walked/ ran 8 miles.

I ran/walked 8 miles in 1:43:15.



 I had two shot blocks around mile 5. 

 My running view... 
 After the run was the BEACH and POOL! We went to dinner tonight and I had clam chowder and a mango mahi mahi. It was delicious!



I'm in Bonita with my sister, and three other girlfriends Natalie, Kelly and Sarvy. We had Pinot Grigio at dinner and now we are back at the house the girls want to make drinks. I am going to attempt my 19 miles tomorrow so I need to get up early, so I don't really want to drink anymore...

This post is kind of all over the place because I feel bad being on my computer during "girls weekend", but I am proud and happy that I was able to accomplish 8 miles this morning while the rest of the house slept. I also swam a few laps in the pool, I love swimming! My left foot is bothering me a little, I'm really hoping it will feel better by tomorrow... I'm really hoping to get the 19 miles in before another fun day at the pool and hanging out with the girls. This will be one of my last chances before my big MOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment