Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Yoga & Walk

Where did today go? Does anyone know? I don't. It's almost 11 PM and I don't even know how I'm still awake right now. I have literally been busy since the minute I woke up today. I am starting to really get stressed, I didn't realize how stressful moving was (and expensive...). When I moved to Thailand I only packed two suitcases for months, how did I do that? I guess the thing about being abroad was I always felt "abroad". I brought the essentials, and never really felt put together or "ready".

I really wanted to go to Yoga today. My body has felt sore from the weekend, travel and stress I've been under lately. I went to a slow flow class at 5:45 PM and it was exactly what I needed. I set my intention in class to "relax". I really tried to just clear my mind for a hour as much as I could. Sometimes the instructors talk about things that I feel they just knew I needed to hear. Today she talked about "not worrying about the future and not thinking about the past".

I had plans to have tea and catch up with my friend Nicole after. We decided to go on a walk and I didn't know how far we would be going and thought the temperature was a little warmer than it was, but we ended up going on a 3.5 mile (I think) walk along the lake. It was actually beautiful, it was right around sunset and we walked along the lake which I never do because the road is slanted and rocky. I would never run it, but it felt like a hike and I've ran it on the other side hundreds of times but never took the time to walk this side. I wish I would have had my camera, but it made me sad to leave Michigan in the summer because it really is a beautiful place that time of year...

This was on my tea that Nicole made me. I don't know what flavor it was, my only request was it be caffeine free. Obviously it was a Yogi brand because of the quote. I really liked this one, I put it in my pocket and took it home.


Now what I need is sleep. Yes, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment